Volunteers ages 18 or older who want to be a part of the summer camp community by helping as cabin leaders, worship leaders, kitchen help, activity leaders, nurses, and other skills. Training is provided and the coveted summer staff T-shirt is earned through your selfless service.
We have a very diverse camp experience at Twinlow and thus we have a variety of ways you can choose to volunteer. Below are descriptions of each volunteer experience.
- Co-Counselor Volunteer - Volunteers will be in a cabin group with our trained Summer Staff for a week. Volunteers would help with camper supervision which includes monitoring daytime activities and being present in the cabin during the nighttime. Co-Counselors may be asked to lead games, activities, or be present during free time. These volunteers will be trained by and report to the Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director.
- Program Support Staff - Volunteers will be assisting the Program and Assistant Program Director for the week. In this role volunteers will help set up and take down for big camp games such as Water Olympics and All Camp Game. Program Support Staff may be asked to lead an activity, be present during free time, or help in the office.
- Non-Program Support Staff - Volunteers will be assisting the Director through the week. In this position volunteers will help with grounds/maintenance responsibilities and may be asked to help in the kitchen.
- Volunteer Photographer - The task for the volunteer photographer is just that, take photos of "all the things". Ideally this position is for the budding or established photographer who is not afraid to get in on the action and excitement of camp.
Stuff you'll need to complete before coming to camp:
For the safety of our campers and staff, if the following has not been completed by the time you arrive at camp you will be asked to leave.
- Volunteer Staff Application Form - Summer Volunteers and anyone that has access to our campers needs to complete our Volunteer Staff Application Form. This form includes information that allows us to conduct a background check, asks about your skills and gifts, and provides health history information so we can provide medical care in case of an emergency. We love it if you could complete this form to us at least two weeks ahead of time.
- Background Check - We will handle this for you, but you'll need confirmation of completion.
- Confirmation From Our Staff - The Program Director or Camp Director will contact you letting you know you are good to go for a week of volunteering.