TWINLOW SUMMER STAFF 2019
Early June - Late August
Wednesday June 6th, 2018 is the first day of staff training. Staff training is an extremely valuable time of community building, teaching, and learning and preference will be given to staff who can be here by June 6th and serve throughout the whole summer. Our summer season runs through August 10th with a possibility for an extra few weeks as needed. We will talk to you about your end of summer, school, and life needs, we will determine your departure date upon hiring.
Twinlow hires about 25 college age individuals to serve in various roles on site and throughout our region in our Community Day Camp program. We are looking for counselors, kitchen staff, lifeguards, maintenance, and various other support staff. In reality, we are seeking amazing servants who can live in community together, love on the kids and families that come here, and share their faith in humbleness and confidence. We train our own lifeguards and teach most other skills needed. Just bring yourself, and your willingness to learn, to stretch your comfort zone, and your flexibility.
Summers at Twinlow are filled with a variety of experiences. We run camps for all ages and serve many different groups. Our property is located on the lower of the Twin Lakes just north of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. On site there is a craft cabin, volleyball court, basketball court, large grass field, horseshoes, tether ball, challenge course, and hiking trails. The waterfront hosts many activities including water skiing, wake boarding, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, row boating, a water trampoline, water slide, party barge, and even sailing.
Summer staff will have the opportunity some weeks to travel all over the Northwest leading day camp programs in partnership with local congregations, and some weeks they will spend their weeks on site with youth and families of all ages.
Each week of camp, summer staff are assigned to different positions depending on what’s happening that week. For on-site programs, summer staff may be assigned to be a lifeguard, head counselor, kitchen, or program assistant. Most weeks, summer staff will stay in cabins with campers as additional counselors at night. Days start with a short chapel service called Morning Watch and end at night with an all-camp campfire. Everyday campers are led by staff through team building, games, worship, swimming, and Bible studies.
Here are some specific skills we are looking to hire for in our 2018 Summer Staff Team:
- Nature Awareness, Outdoor Education
- Worship Leading and musical instrument skills
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Water Skiing and Wake Boarding Instruction
- Boat Driving
- Team Building/ Challenge Course
- Videography/ Photography / Media
- A loving, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Willingness to work hard, play hard, be flexible, and serve in a variety of ways.
- All applicants must be high school graduates, 18 years and older. Preference is given to applicants with a year of post-high school experience. Not a high school graduate? Check out our Counselor in Training Program
- All summer staff must complete a voluntary disclosure statement, submit to Federal criminal background checks, provide personal references, and agree to abide by all Twinlow summer staff policies. Some positions require a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. We are able to certify you in CPR/Aid, Lifeguard, Food Handling Permit.
- All applicants must submit a completed and signed summer staff application
- All staff participate in Summer Staff Training
Salaries start at $220 per week with higher salaries for those with returning or demonstrated experience. You can expect to earn at least $2,000 over the summer.